ADSM-L

[no subject]

1997-10-03 13:41:33
From: Cyndie Behrens <cbehrens AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 10:41:33 PDT
Subject:Re: Lotus Notes Incremental

>I have an AS/400 question.  I know I know its rare but it happens.
>
>I.don't want to back up the whole K drive, just the K:\NOTES\DATbg>
>directory  and all sub directories (files).  Using the DSMC under the
>SBMNWSCMD (SBMNWSCMD CMD('DSMC INCR K:\NOTES\DATA\*.* -PASSWORD=3D@@@@=
>-SUBDIR=3DYES') I get this error, ANS4071 Invalid domain entered.
I have tried several variations of the path statement and the only one
that works is when I just put K: and leave out the path statement.
>If I use the same command but switch incr with selc I get a full
>backup of the files I want.  We want to only do incremental backups
>through the week.
>Can you do this with DSMC K:??? INCR or does ADSM only allow
incremental backups to be performed on drives and not paths.>>

>Thanks for any help,
>
>Robert Ford, CIS III
>MSHP

Robert, I believe that lotus notes processing actually "touches" each
lotus notes database daily, such that even though no documents have
changed, attribute info will change, and ADSM will back up the file
because attribute change is one of our criteria for change.
So I don't think dsmc incr will do what you want it to.
Is there a reason you are not using the adsmconnect agent
for lotus notes?
thanks,
Cyndie Behrens (IBM San Jose)