ADSM-L

Re: Anyone using Backup Exec for Exchange?

1997-10-01 07:34:15
Subject: Re: Anyone using Backup Exec for Exchange?
From: "Boireau, Eric (MED-Cap Gemini)" <BOIREER AT EUROMSX.GEMSE DOT FR>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 13:34:15 +0200
Hello,
I have just test BackupExec V6.11 & ADSM Module with NT4.0 and MSX5.0.
It works fine Backup and Restore (Full & Incremental) (execpt time of
backup,
we are using 10Mb 1GB=2Hours).
I note that you have to restart Exchange Services manually, if not they
won't restart.
Notes : In case of disaster recovery, you must have a domain controller
in order of works on the network. Be careful with the Security ID of the
Exchange System Account. It is very dificult to restore SAM database.