ADSM-L

Re: Unable to backup UNIX directory with 160,000 files

1997-10-01 07:23:00
Subject: Re: Unable to backup UNIX directory with 160,000 files
From: Dennis Riley <riley AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 07:23:00 -0400
Bruce,
 Yes, I have seen the same problem with a filesystem containing only
one third the number of files you are dealing with. I did a "time ls -la"
in the directory and then changed the IDLETIMEOUT value to be twice what
time command returned.

Dennis Riley               riley AT timken DOT com
Technical Principal        330-471-3515
The Timken Company         Canton, OH