ADSM-L

Re: dsm.sys options for a Shared Memory Client on AIX?

1997-09-30 12:51:34
Subject: Re: dsm.sys options for a Shared Memory Client on AIX?
From: Chuck Tomlinson 793-0730 <chuckt AT AUSTIN.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 11:51:34 -0500
Automatic digest processor <LISTSERV AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>  writes:
>I am attempting to use set up a Shared Memory Client configuration for
>the client running on the same node as the ADSM Server. I cannot find
>any documentation on how to do this, can someone help me?

If this has been answered then you can ignore the rest.  But to get
shared memory to work on the system you set the following

in the dsm.sys file:
COMMmethod         SHAREDMEM
SHMPORT            1510

In the dsmserv.opt file:
COMMmethod   SHAREDMEM
SHMPORT      1510

This should allow you to run the dsm client and the admin client as shared
memory.

Chuck T.