ADSM-L

No Automatic Reclamation

1997-09-26 10:07:01
Subject: No Automatic Reclamation
From: Nicolas Clerc <Nicolas.Clerc AT SYCOMORE DOT FR>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 16:07:01 +0200
Hi ADSMers,

We are using ADSM 2.1.0.6 on AIX 4.1.5
We are currently planning our ADSM configuration.

I worry about the Reclamation process and I have some questions :
How long does the Reclamation process take every day to ADSM  ?
  to the administrators (move back offsite volume for Reclamation,
  mount each volume, ...) ?
Do we have to plan a lot of time for this task ?
  It probably depends on the number of volume and on the reclamation threshold
  you choose.
When is it performed ? After the daily backup, before the backup ?
In order to avoid worrying about it every day I suggest this configuration:
  We set the reclamation threshold to 100% so that reclamation
  is not performed every day. Once a month we change the reclamation threshold
  to 40% and we work on it during the whole day.
  Is it a good idea ? Why not ? What do you suggest ?

Any experience in this area will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Nicolas Clerc.

Sycomore    60, bd de la Mission-Marchand - 92418 COURBEVOIE Cedex
Sycomore    60, bd de la Mission-Marchand - 92418 COURBEVOIE Cedex
               tel:  01.41.26.46.63     (33 1.41.26.46.63)