ADSM-L

Windows NT Scheduler Service & Nodename Change

1997-09-25 10:22:49
Subject: Windows NT Scheduler Service & Nodename Change
From: Elvin Peterson <EPeterso AT SCJ DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 09:22:49 -0500
I am running an ADSM Windows NT Client, with an AIX Server and I'm
having a strange problem.  The name of the NT node was switched without
my knowledge, and of course the backups stopped working.  After I
changed my options files to the new node name, I stopped and restarted
the Scheduler service and everything appeared to be fine.  However, as
I check in the activity log of the ADSM server, I see no attempts by
that node to start a session.  I do see sessions starting for the old
name though.  When I do a "q event", the status for the new name shows
as missing.  I had already removed the old name from the schedule.  So
my question is, do I need to remove and re-install the ADSM Scheduler
service on the NT client?  I vaguely remember having to  supply a node
name when the service was installed about 7 months ago.  But, I can't
remember if I was for this procedure.  If it was, that would explain
why my scheduled backup is never kicked off.  If anyone has done an NT
client install recently and can remember if this is true please
respond.  Also, I noticed that there is an icon for service
installation but not for removal.  It would be nice if there was one.

Elvin Peterson
S.C. Johnson Wax
epeterso AT scj DOT com
414-260.3366