ADSM-L

HSM

1997-09-24 12:49:06
Subject: HSM
From: Julie Phinney <jphinney AT HUMANA DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 12:49:06 -0400
I agree with Jeff.. ADSM needs to bring HSM functionality in for NT and
Novell.  We have a need in both places, but Novell is currently the
biggest need.  I'm trialing AvailHSM right now, but it sounds like
that's going away with future to be OpenStor for NT5.0 which will have
Novell clients as well as NT clients.   Maybe they'll do the pricing a
little different by then..  at any rate, if ADSM is going to be a true
storage manager, it needs to offer that capability.