ADSM-L

Re: ADSM - NT Memory question

1997-09-24 13:25:13
Subject: Re: ADSM - NT Memory question
From: "Pittson, Timothy ,HiServ/NA" <tpittson AT HIMAIL.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 13:25:13 -0400
John,
        I'm pretty sure ADSM will take advantage of multiple processors on an
NT server... I think the problem you're talking about is related to
other platforms (MVS, maybe some others as well).  How much memory ADSM
needs depends on a lot of factors... one of the main considerations is
the buffer pool sizes for the Recovery Log and Database... you want to
make them large enough so ADSM has a very high cache hit ratio for the
DB (bufpoolsize) and the Recovery Log (logpoolsize) never shows  a wait
%.

Regards...
Tim Pittson