ADSM-L

Re: ADSM using RAW volumes on AIX

1997-09-24 10:15:08
Subject: Re: ADSM using RAW volumes on AIX
From: Dean Roy <dean AT ALPHA.UWINDSOR DOT CA>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 09:15:08 EST
Thanks for the replies everyone, this fixes our problem. We had done everything
right but had forgotten to add the "r" to the volume name when defining it to
ADSM.     Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!

> As for defining raw devices for DISK volumes (stgpools, db and log) on AIX,
> you just have to create the logical volume (smit mklv) and then define the
> volume (or dbvolume or logvolume) using the raw logical volume entry on
> /dev. Let's say you create a logical volume named "dbvol01". To define it as
> a dbvol to ADSM you use:
>
>   DEFine DBVolume /dev/rdbvol01
>
> Note that you *don't* need to dsmfmt the raw device.

  Dean Roy                           Email: DEAN AT UWINDSOR DOT CA
  Systems Programmer                 Voice: (519)253-3000 Ext 2763
  University of Windsor              Fax  : (519)973-7083