ADSM-L

ADSM Server on NT

1997-09-23 15:46:55
Subject: ADSM Server on NT
From: Kelly Root <kroot1 AT TUELECTRIC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 14:46:55 -0500
Matthew Warren....
I noticed in your answer for Move Data question that you said you have ADSM
on NT. We are in the process of testing this with a StoragTec 9714 DLT 7000
tape drives. Currently, the server is an IBM 704 with 6 9GB drives RAID 5.
We are thinking about rebuilding the 704 to the following:
2 - 2GB mirrored drives for NT operating system and other NT software
10 - 9GB mirrored drives for ADSM - including Database, recovery log and
storage pools.
We are thinking that this will give us MUCH better performance.
What kind of server hardware and how is it configured that you are using?
Did you find any GOTCHA's? Any help would be WONDERFUL!!!
Thanks
Kelly Root
ADSM Administrator