ADSM-L

Re: MOVE DATA Questions

1997-09-23 13:25:45
Subject: Re: MOVE DATA Questions
From: Randy Hessey <RHessey AT EMCOLTD DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 13:25:45 -0400
We have 2 different tape drives for Onsite (Backup type pool) and
Offsite (Copypool type pool) Storage pools so we have to do manual
reclamation of our Onsite pool every week. To accomplish this I created
a TMPPOOL (Backup type pool) pointed at the drive used for the Offsite
Pool. I then use move data  to move volumes from the Onsite pool to the
TMPPOOL. This causes the Onsite Pool tapes to be scratched. Then I move
the TMPPOOL volumes back to the Onsite pool.

Randy Hessey
EMCO Distribution Group         Voice:  (519) 453-9600  Ext. 2414
1108 Dundas Street,                     Fax:    (519) 453-9314
London, ON                              E-Mail: rhessey AT emcoltd DOT com
N5A 3W7