ADSM-L

OnBar backup/restore problem

1997-09-23 11:17:40
Subject: OnBar backup/restore problem
From: Rui Malheiro <rmalheiro AT MAIL.TELEPAC DOT PT>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 15:17:40 GMT
Hi all,

We're testing informix onbar with ADSM, and run into a strange behavior
problem. It goes like this:

When we backup (onbar -b -L0 -w), onbar connects to ADSM as node "tpc" and
writes to filespace "/tpc_ondev". Everything fine till now.

Then, when we try to restore (onbar -r -w) onbar connects to adsm as
"informix". There is no "informix" node, so adsm refuses the connection. In
dsm.opt we specify "tcp" as the nodename, but it seems onbar is using the
*login user* name instead. We attempted a restore as root and it tried to
connect as node "root".

It seems onbar is reading dsm.opt during backups, but ignoring it during
restores. Has anyone experienced this before? What are we overlooking here?

TIA

--
Rui Malheiro,
Rui Malheiro,