ADSM-L

db2, adsm & versions

1997-09-22 23:07:11
Subject: db2, adsm & versions
From: Wayne Gorton <wayneg AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 23:07:11 -0400
Howdy all,
Let me start by saying I am responsible for ADSM, I know very little about DB/2
& SAP R/3, these are s.e.p.

We are current running DB2 version 2.1.2 PTF level U446791B. Using DB2ADUTL to
backup a SAP R/3 database to ADSM version 2.1.5.12. What it turns out to be
doing is storing the full database backups into ADSM, so we now have 80 copies
of them. The system default is to keep 7 versions. My theory is that DB2ADUTL
stores them in ADSM without attaching them to a management class.
Does anyone have any similar experiences?

Also the doco (R/3 note no. 67789) say "DELETE only sets an object to the
status of inactive. Everything else will be determined by the server
parameters". We went ahead & deleted 10 backups via smit, which uses DB2ADUTL.
But a Q OCC still displays 80 files, even after I ran an EXPIRE INVENTORY.
Does anyone have any ideas?

There was mention on Universal DataBase allowing a MGM to be passed. What
version of DB2 is this?

Role:                               Unix System Administrator
Style:                              The Thinking Man's Clown
Name:                               wayneg AT au1.ibm DOT com
Life:       "Imagination is more important than knowledge"   Albert Einstein