ADSM-L

Re: ADSM RESTORE OPS

1997-09-22 05:00:00
Subject: Re: ADSM RESTORE OPS
From: ADSM-L / , ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU; thompsod / , thompsod AT USAA DOT COM
To: ADSM-L / , ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Monday, September 22, 1997 9:00AM
Gilbert,

  Some questions:
  1) What does the session status show on the MVS server when viewed via
the admin client.  IDLEWAIT, MEDIAWAIT etc.

2) If IDLEWAIT, is there a tape dismount anywhere near the time that the
idlewait began.  Where exactly this dismount message occurs depends on the
volume retention parms on the device class you are using.  You can find
this dismount on the MVS system logs.  This is a valid question only for
the volumes used in the restore.  If you do not know these, try a show
volumeusage before the restore.  (A show volumeusage for large restores is
part of our internal procedures.  This command does not seem to work once
the restore is in progress.)

Let us know,
Dan T.