ADSM-L

Re: HP-UX 9.05 and passwordaccess

1997-09-19 02:32:40
Subject: Re: HP-UX 9.05 and passwordaccess
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 08:32:40 +0200
Frankly, I do not think, that allowing each user knowing my PC's
ADSM nodename to restore/retrieve my backup/archive files and even
overwrite my backups, is a solution. I would never drive my ADSM server
with authentication set off!

Did you start a client session as root? This is required once to
locally store the ADSM password.

Jim Hunt writes:
 > We ran into the same problem using AIX version and we just 'SET
 > AUTHENTICATION = off ' on the server side.
 >
 > Bernd.Knaak AT HRZ.UNI-DORTMUND DOT DE on 09/18/97 09:08:46 AM wrote:
 >
 > Can somebody help me? I have a HP-UX Version 9.05 client running. Client
 > version is 2.1.06 (ptf IP20989).
 > Following happend: In dsm.sys option "passwordaccess generate" is NOT
 > recognized, adsm shows "prompt" when client is running and asked for
 > password. Options others then generate or prompt will force an error when
 > starting adsm-clientsoftware.
Reinhard Mersch                     Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Reinhard Mersch                     Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Universitaetsrechenzentrum, Einsteinstrasse 60, 48149 Muenster, Germany
E-Mail: mersch AT uni-muenster DOT de                  Phone: +49(251)83-31583