ADSM-L

Re: ADSM - AS400 client - IBM?

1997-09-18 10:46:56
Subject: Re: ADSM - AS400 client - IBM?
From: "Rafael J. Goldschmidt" <rafagold AT CANO.COM DOT AR>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 11:46:56 -0300
Christo, sorry to disagree with you.  I know very well BRMS/400 (IBM's tool
for automatically backing up, restoring and managing the tapes in an AS/400
environment) and rather well ADSM. Let me say that BRMS/400 is a better tool
than ADSM (for the AS/400).  I think that this is due to the fact that ADSM
has limitations own to the need to be compatible with all platforms.  As
BRMS/400 does not need to be compatible with, for example, AIX, it uses
thoroughly all the capacities of the AS/400 (menu driven for example).  On
the other hand, the strength of ADSM is the inter platform compatibility.
This is my opinion.
Anyway, it would be great if IBM integrates both tools.  In this way a
customer could have a unique source to see where the whole installation
files are.
 Glad to hear more related to this.
Regards, Rafael J. Goldschmidt (rafagold AT cano.com DOT ar)

At 08:47 18/09/1997 EST, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I was wondering whether IBM could comment on
>whether they would bring out an ADSM client on
>the AS400.
>No dates need to be given - only a yes or no would
>do.
>I'm sure if they do a survey they will see that they have
>many AS400 customers that would like to use ADSM
>to backup the AS400!
>I've seen plenty of posts recently that confirm what
>I'm saying here and would like IBM to comment on
>this. (I have approached IBM over here, but they can
>not give me any feedback).
>
>Thanks, and looking forward to a reply from IBM...
>
>Christo Heuer
>Johannesburg
>South Africa
>Christoh AT absa.co DOT za

* Rafael J. Goldschmidt                          *
* Elcano 5039 - (1427) Buenos Aires - Argentina  *
* Telefonos: (54-1) 553 9909 / 421 4782          *
* E-mail (Internet) : rafagold AT cano.com DOT ar       *