ADSM-L

mac background scheduler?

1997-09-16 11:00:31
Subject: mac background scheduler?
From: Michael R Vogt <vogt AT AUK.NIST DOT GOV>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 11:00:31 -0400
Hi All,

One of my clients asked me this question:

  Currently, the Scheduler application must be
  running in order for the backups to be conducted.  In a multiuser
  environment (on a Mac), it would be best if the Scheduler could run as an
  (invisible) background app.  That way, the users don't see the application
  and are not tempted to quit the process before it completes.  On the Mac
  this is usually accomplished with either a control panel or an extension.
  Is there a version of ADSM that can run as a background process?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Michael NotaMacGuy Vogt
vogt AT nist DOT gov