ADSM-L

Re: ADSM-L Digest - 10 Sep 1997 to 11 Sep 1997

1997-09-12 05:00:57
Subject: Re: ADSM-L Digest - 10 Sep 1997 to 11 Sep 1997
From: Rui Malheiro <rmalheiro AT MAIL.TELEPAC DOT PT>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 09:00:57 GMT
On Thu, 11 Sep 1997 21:49:56 -0700, tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM Wrote:

>>Yes. Take care, though, include/exclude files refer to both archive and
>>backup. Unfortunatly. In order to do what you want to do, you can =
>>override
>>the incl/excl file, unless you *also* want to backup those files to the =
>>same
>>mgmtclass.
>>

>Is this true? I thought incl/excl files only affected backups,
>not archives.

Only include statments are checkd by archives, in order to determine the
target mgmt class for archived files. Exclude statements are ignored by
archive operations. The "problem" is, if you specify an include statment to
bind files to a mgmtclass, they will be binded for backup *and* archive
operations. Then you have to play with backup/archive copy groups to ensure
preper handling of target pools, copies, expire, etc.

--
Rui Malheiro,
Rui Malheiro,