ADSM-L

Re: POST command failing

1997-09-11 18:39:10
Subject: Re: POST command failing
From: Keith Medcalf <kmedcalf AT DESSUS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 18:39:10 -0400
In <34185FEB.4BD7 AT humana DOT com>, on 09/11/97 at 05:17 PM,
   Julie Phinney <jphinney AT HUMANA DOT COM> said:

>Hi all,  I've been having a problem since May that I haven't been
>able to pin down.  I've been working with IBM, but they've recently
>sent me to Lotus Notes support who passed me to Microsoft for NT
>support who passed me back to Lotus Notes.  Basically, no one
>knows...  We are running this PRE command: NET STOP "LOTUS NOTES
>SERVER" and this  POST command: NET START "LOTUS NOTES SERVER".
>10% of the time, on any of the 10 Lotus Notes Servers the POST
>command fails with RC=2 showing up in the DSMSCHED.LOG.  Anyone seen
>that? Anyone have any idea what is failing with RC=2?  Lotus Notes
>support says it's the NET START thats returning that code.  Microsoft
>says it's the Lotus Notes Server service that's returning it.  And no
>one knows what a RC=2 is.

RC=2 is the standard DOS "File Not Found" error.

This error is returned by the service control manager (usually)
because it cannot find the console app that constitutes the service
"Lotus Notes Server"

Keith Medcalf       (416) 410-5791       http://www.dessus.com/ IBM
OS/2, LAN Server, DB2, TCP/IP, DOS, Windows 95,  Windows NT
 Finger or email kmedcalf-pgp AT dessus DOT com for my PGP Public Key