ADSM-L

POST command failing

1997-09-11 17:17:31
Subject: POST command failing
From: Julie Phinney <jphinney AT HUMANA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 17:17:31 -0400
Hi all,  I've been having a problem since May that I haven't been able
to pin down.  I've been working with IBM, but they've recently sent me
to Lotus Notes support who passed me to Microsoft for NT support who
passed me back to Lotus Notes.  Basically, no one knows...  We are
running this PRE command: NET STOP "LOTUS NOTES SERVER" and this  POST
command: NET START "LOTUS NOTES SERVER".
10% of the time, on any of the 10 Lotus Notes Servers the POST command
fails with RC=2 showing up in the DSMSCHED.LOG.  Anyone seen that?
Anyone have any idea what is failing with RC=2?  Lotus Notes support
says it's the NET START thats returning that code.  Microsoft says it's
the Lotus Notes Server service that's returning it.  And no one knows
what a RC=2 is.
TIA!!
Julie Phinney
JPHINNEY AT HUMANA DOT COM