ADSM-L

Re: Copy Storage Pool Question

1997-09-10 11:19:37
Subject: Re: Copy Storage Pool Question
From: Keith Medcalf <kmedcalf AT DESSUS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 11:19:37 -0400
In <970909150228.23a01860 AT vms.sas DOT com>, on 09/09/97 at 03:02 PM,
   Cyndi Wood x7440 <SNOCKW AT VMS.SAS DOT COM> said:

>I am running ADMS Server V2 Rel 1 on an NT machine using a DLT4700
>tape library. I have been performing backups of my storage pool to a
>copy pool on a weekly basis. I am encountering a strange problem
>where each week when I backup my tape pool that it consistantly askes
>for this one tape, even though the tape hasn't been written to since
>March. It's long since copied that information to the copy pool. The
>activity log always has this message in it after it mounts the tape:

>ANR9999D asrtrv.c(494): End reached prematurely on volume DSM001.

>At this point it mounts up the next tape it needs. This is a pain
>because I always have to make sure that tape is in the library before
>the backup of the tape storage pool occurs. Anyone else seen this?

I think maybe you should AUDIT that volume with FIX=YES

Keith Medcalf       (416) 410-5791       http://www.dessus.com/ IBM
OS/2, LAN Server, DB2, TCP/IP, DOS, Windows 95,  Windows NT
 Finger or email kmedcalf-pgp AT dessus DOT com for my PGP Public Key