ADSM-L

Re: Archving newbie

1997-09-09 06:21:00
Subject: Re: Archving newbie
From: Rui Malheiro <rmalheiro AT MAIL.TELEPAC DOT PT>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 10:21:00 GMT
(Mon, 8 Sep 1997 14:40:54 PDT)

>Hi. I am a newly appointed ADSM administrator, and have a simple task
>to accomplish (it would seem !): achive a set of files from two clients
>for 7 years.
>I have been trying to read through manuals to find the process for doing
>this, but have not been too successful. I did find references to
>creating a management class for archiving, and making references to that
>in the includexclude and dsm.sys files on the client side, but have not
>figured out how to migrate the files to an archive copy pool. I will
>need to retain two copies of each archive file for seven years.

You can create a management class with an ARCHIVE COPY GROUP with a RETVer
of 2557 days and a DESTination=MYARCHPOOL.

Later, when archiving, use the -ARCHMc=<management class> option to
associate the archived files whith that management class.

In order to have "two copies" of the archived files you can create a primary
storage pool MYARCHPOOL and copy storage pool MYCOPYPOOL. Then issue (or
schedule) a BAckup STGpool MYARCHPOOL MYCOPYPOOL.

--
Rui Malheiro,
Rui Malheiro,