ADSM-L

A strange weekend...

1997-09-08 15:46:33
Subject: A strange weekend...
From: Sam Sheppard <SHS AT SDDPC.SANNET DOT GOV>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 12:46:33 PDT
Jerry:  We had similar problems with both level12 and 13, but it was
much worse with level 13.  Turned out to be a TCPIP problem which caused
both ADMIN and BACKUP schedules to wait, since they both use the same
schedule manager in ADSM, who, it turns out, is waiting on TCPIP.
Unless the problem was cleared by either restarting TCPIP or ADSM, the
window would expire and the command/backup would be missed.  The APAR
is PQ06771 and was still open last time I checked.  Level 2 will send
you a temporary fix though, if asked.  The problem went away here after
applying that.
Sam Sheppard
San Diego Data Processing Corp.
shs AT sddpc.sannet DOT gov