ADSM-L

Re: pager-email

1997-09-08 09:49:25
Subject: Re: pager-email
From: Jason Carroll <ccjasonc AT SHOWME.MISSOURI DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 08:49:25 -0500
On Fri, 5 Sep 1997, Frank M. Ramaekers Jr. wrote:

> >We use sendpage7a here on an AIX 4.1.5.  I just modified the sendmail
> >rules so anything coming in with a specific domain (I just used an MX
> >record for the machine) would run the sendpage program, then just defined
> >the userids in the sendpage.cf file to point to the pager numbers.  You
> >can run sendpage with flags that will strip out signatures and also send
> >the subjects or not and return mail too long.  The only problems I had
> >with sendpage was figuring out the modem init string (we had an old 14.4
> >modem laying around) to use that actually worked.  Also the documentation
> >on the program is a little lacking, but then again it is free.  So far we
> >have been running it about 2 months and haven't had a single problem.
>
> That sounds great!   I just don't have the time to convert the sendpage7a,
> that I have, for AIX.
> Are ya willing to share your modified version?

Sure what do you need though?  All I did to sendpage really was uncomment
the AIX lines in the Makefile, and edit sendpage.h for my local config,
such as which Log Descriptor syslog uses and my modem init string (see
other post).  As for sendmail, I can give you what I added to sendmail,
but we don't use the AIX (4.1.x) version of sendmail, we seperately
compile the latest and greatest version every month or so, I think when I
put it in we were at 8.8.5.  If you want the lines I added to our
sendmail.cf, I can send you those, but you may have to change it depending
on what you use in your sendmail.cf file.

Let me know what ya need and I'll try to get it to you. You may want to
contact me indiviually though since this list really isn't for email
paging.

Jason

-- Jason Carroll                  | CC UCS Open Systems  200 Heinkel Bldg.
-- ccjasonc AT showme.missouri DOT edu   | Phone: 882-2000      Fax: 884-5240
-- ccjasonc AT showme.missouri DOT edu   | Phone: 882-2000      Fax: 884-5240