ADSM-L

Re: Stopping a schedule job on Solaris.

1997-09-04 13:15:00
Subject: Re: Stopping a schedule job on Solaris.
From: Joe Morris <morris AT UNC DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 13:15:00 -0400
On Thu, 4 Sep 1997, Mark Brown (CC Operations Supervisor) wrote:

| On a solaris 2.5 machine I use  "nohup dsm schedule &" to run the
| schedule process.

| What is the best way to kill a scheduled backup in progress. I have
| been "killing" process id's on the solaris system for now. Is there a
| better way? From the server maybe??

You could perform a "cancel se <session number>" on the adsm server, but
that will not stop the client from restarting the backup (unless its
backup window has expired).  Killing the process has no real ill effects
other than losing some of the transactions taking place at that instant.

Joe Morris  -  morris AT unc DOT edu  -  http://sunsite.unc.edu/morris
Academic Technology and Networks (formerly OIT), Development