ADSM-L

Re: adsm newbie having problems with tape drives

1997-09-03 17:06:48
Subject: Re: adsm newbie having problems with tape drives
From: "Yong,Changren" <CYONG AT CERNER DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 16:06:48 -0500
> adsm> define drive manual8mm drive01 device=/dev/rmt/0
> ANR8420E DEFINE DRIVE: An I/O error occurred while accessing drive
> DRIVE01.
> ANS5102I Return code 3.

I have not worked with Exabyte tape drives but I think the define drive
statement you have above is incorrect.  First, you did not define a
library for it (yes, even stand-alone drive requires a library), second,
the device definition should be mt0, and not rmt0.

To define the library.

adsm>  define library library_name libtype=manual

After you have defined the library, define the drive.

adsm> define drive library_name tapedrive_name device=/dev/mt0

Changren Yong