ADSM-L

Re: Audit License

2015-10-04 18:05:23
Subject: Re: Audit License
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 9/3/97 9:57AM
My understanding of Audit License command is that it goes to the DB and
checks certain conditions - such as how many users are registered, if any of
them are UNIX, and if you licensed UNIX clients, etc.  There is no way that
the audit function could **EXPECT** to reach all of the registered clients,
let alone actually do it - for example Laptop PCs might not be connected,
some machines might be turned off, etc.

I recently went through an exercise to charge our customers for usage, and my
audit was right on the mark (704 at the time).  However, be careful - the
audit is only done every so often - my system is set at 30 days, which is the
default, I believe.  Therefore, if you look at the output of a Q STatus
commend (or click on the Server Icon from the GUI), the information could be
as many as 29 days old.   Obviously, new node registrations (or removing
nodes) can change this.  Is it possible that you are looking at an old audit?

FWIW, when I did my check, I ran an Audit License, then went to the Policy
domains on the GUI, clicked on the high level icon, and got a display of all
of my domains, and the number of nodes registered in each.  If you do this
they should agree.  --- Unless of course someone else has admin capability
and registered a new user :-)

Hope this helps.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    9/3/97 9:57 AM

--- Message Part 1.1: Text Body Part ------------------------------
I have noticed this problem with clients that the adsm server cannot reach at
I have noticed this problem with clients that the adsm server cannot reach at
the time of the audit.  This is usually because the ds mc client is not running,

the client is unreachable on the network, or the dsm.opt file is not pointing
the proper adsm server.  Hop e this helps.....