ADSM-L

Re: Linux supported by ADSM ?

1997-09-03 12:55:00
Subject: Re: Linux supported by ADSM ?
From: Harald Milz <hm AT IBM DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 18:55:00 +0200
In article <9709030636.AA21448 AT fysik.dtu DOT dk> you wrote:
> Linux machines are getting more and more widespread in our
> organization, and we need to back them up to our ADSM server.  I seem
> to recall that the SCO UNIX ADSM client could be tweaked to support
> Linux, but I cannot find the HowTo information anywhere.  Can anyone
> send me the latest HowTo ?

You can find a copy in
http://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/mini/ADSM-Backup. The SCO Unix
client doesn't need any tweaking, for that matter.

> In fact, I would urge the ADSM developers to make an ADSM package
> suitable for installation on Linux.  We're particularly interested in
> the RedHat Linux RPM package format, since RedHat has become the most
> popular Linux version here.

Oh well... I made a RPM package for myself from the SCO Unix stuff. Works
just fine with the latest iBCS stuff. I'm backing up my Thinkpad daily.

You should direct this request to the ADSM development directly maybe.

Ciao,
hm

--
Harald Milz   RS/6000 Sales Technical Support - HACMP Product Support Group
Harald Milz   RS/6000 Sales Technical Support - HACMP Product Support Group