ADSM-L

Re: ADSM errors on NT platforms

1997-09-03 11:26:56
Subject: Re: ADSM errors on NT platforms
From: Keith Medcalf <kmedcalf AT DESSUS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 11:26:56 -0400
In <85256507.004DF4D4.00@manu_hub_one.manulife.com>, on 09/03/97 at
10:57 AM,
   "Gretchen L. Thiele" <GRETCHEN%PUCC.BITNET AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> said:

>Using BACKUPREG NO in the options files allows the general
>(non-admin) user to initiate the backup, but each file is now a
>failure, resulting in an '(F) Access Denied' message in the backup
>window. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

>More on the problem - it is NOT an NTFS problem, since the user can
>copy files from other sources to the hard drive. The NTFS permissions
>are set so that there is global write authority.

It *is* a permissions problem:  The user does not have the necessary
authorization to run the API used to retrieve and set the ACL
information.  Have you tried giving the users priviledge to Backup and
Restore files (in user manager under the silly menus, grant
Backup/Restore to Users)?

>Gretchen L. Thiele
>Systems Programmer
>Princeton University CIT
>87 Prospect Ave.

Keith Medcalf       (416) 410-5791       http://www.dessus.com/ IBM
OS/2, LAN Server, DB2, TCP/IP, DOS, Windows 95,  Windows NT
 Finger or email kmedcalf-pgp AT dessus DOT com for my PGP Public Key