ADSM-L

Linux supported by ADSM ?

1997-09-03 03:36:04
Subject: Linux supported by ADSM ?
From: Ole Holm Nielsen <ohnielse AT FYSIK.DTU DOT DK>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 08:36:04 MET
Linux machines are getting more and more widespread in our
organization, and we need to back them up to our ADSM server.  I seem
to recall that the SCO UNIX ADSM client could be tweaked to support
Linux, but I cannot find the HowTo information anywhere.  Can anyone
send me the latest HowTo ?

In fact, I would urge the ADSM developers to make an ADSM package
suitable for installation on Linux.  We're particularly interested in
the RedHat Linux RPM package format, since RedHat has become the most
popular Linux version here.

Ole Holm Nielsen
Department of Physics, Building 307
Technical University of Denmark, DK-2800 Lyngby, Denmark
E-mail: Ole.H.Nielsen AT fysik.dtu DOT dk
WWW URL: http://www.fysik.dtu.dk/persons/ohnielse.html
Telephone: (+45) 4525 3187
Telefax:   (+45) 4593 2399