ADSM-L

Netware 4.11 user/context issues

1997-09-02 15:58:13
Subject: Netware 4.11 user/context issues
From: Robert Lefebvre <Rob.Lefebvre AT SFICORP DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 14:58:13 -0500
I have been having the following happen on one of my Novell servers.  I have
tried to reset the password by deleting the *.pwd files, changing NWPWFILE in
dsm.opt from YES to NO, re-entering everything and setting NO back to YES, all
to no avail.  Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this problem once and for
all?

Executing scheduled command now.

Connecting to a Novell Directory (GBO).

Please enter NetWare user for "GBO":
 ==> I entered .BACKUP.GBO_CORP.GBO <==

Please enter the password on "GBO" for NetWare user ".BACKUP.GBO_CORP.GBO":
==>  I entered the password <==

Connection to a NetWare File System (SYSTEM1).

Please enter NetWare user for "SYSTEM1:"
==> I entered .BACKUP.GBO_CORP.GBO <==

Please enter the password on "SYSTEM1" for NetWare user "BACKUP.GBO_CORP.GBO":
 ==> I entered the password <==

Connected to SYSTEM1.

ANS4017E Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure

Sometimes the backup will run, and sometimes not.  Each time it asks for the
username and password for the container and the server, but only for this one
Novell Server.  I have re installed the ADSM Client software and I am running
out of ideas.

Thanks,
Rob Lefebvre
Schreiber Foods, Inc.