ADSM-L

Out of memory during Netware Restore

1997-09-02 10:40:34
Subject: Out of memory during Netware Restore
From: Jeff Connor <connorj AT NIMO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 10:40:34 -0400
Received the following error during a scheduled ADSM restore of a 435MB
directory
that contains multiple sub-directories adding up to approximately 10,400
files
on a Netware  3.12 server.

9/2/97 9:59:56 am:  1.1.39 Cache memory allocator out of available memory.

Anyone received this error before? The server has 16MB of RAM.  Do we
simply need more?

We are using version IP21123  of the Netware client.  It looks as though,
based on the messages
in dsmsched.log, it was examining files and was up to 8000 when the restore
 failed.

I'd also like to mention that we received a similar if not the same message
 during scheduled
incremental backups when we starting using ADSM on that server.  If I
remember correctly
we fixed that problem by setting the SLOWINCREMENTAL option to YES in the
client options
file.  Any Ideas on solutions for the restore?

Thanks,
Jeff Connor
Niagara Mohawk Power Corp.
Syracuse, New York