ADSM-L

Re: Win/NT ADSM client application exception

1997-08-28 12:21:05
Subject: Re: Win/NT ADSM client application exception
From: Michael Strandberg <I6309 AT CSC-CM DOT DK>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 17:21:05 +0100
Michael Strandberg
28-08-97 17.21

On 08-28-98, Kathryn wrote :

 >I had ADSM client running on Windows/NT 4.0 and then started getting the
following message when trying to execute either the Backup or >Scheduler
client.  Running the Admin client works fine:

>(dsm.exe) application exception: divide by zero (0Xc0000094) addr
>(0x004746ed)

>I have installed the maint through 2.1.6.  I have uninstalled and
installed the client from the get go several times and variations.  I still
get the same error.  >Has anyone seen this error and possibly have a fix
for it or at least a direction for me to continue my quest to get this
working?

I seem to remember, that this problem has been discussed earlier here, and
that the problem relates to a media with "0 bytes" left
on it, ie. an inserted CD-ROM. Try running a backup, with no CD-ROM
inserted ..

Regards,

Michael Strandberg