ADSM-L

Re: linux and the sco client: true incremental or not? -Reply

1997-08-27 13:02:33
Subject: Re: linux and the sco client: true incremental or not? -Reply
From: "Joseph A. Faracchio" <SPGJAF AT CMSA.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 10:02:33 PDT
On Tue, 26 Aug 1997 19:20:47 -0400 John Cirocco said:
>Joe,
>Don't know if this applies but...
>I did an incremental of a SCO server last night which over ran my 15gb
>disk.  When I restarted my incremental it re-backed up what was done
>the night before.  When the file expiration ran, it marked all of the
>previous nights files as expired.  Sound like the same?

John ,
       Yes, I think I'm seeing the same thing, except I can't find the failure.

The user said he had 10Gigs to backup when he registered.
The first night (over a weekend) was successful and showed 10 Gigs backedup.
The second night backed up an additional 7 Gigs and a Q OCC confirmed it.
The third night (ran quickly and) showed a decrease of 2 Gigs to 15.
In between I run a expiration every day at 5 PM ...

So if the incrementals don't jump up to giga-gigas again then I won't worry.

 thanks ...
            joe.f.