ADSM-L

An ADSM V2 manual & V3 for VM

1997-08-26 18:23:52
Subject: An ADSM V2 manual & V3 for VM
From: "Wayne T. Smith" <wts AT MAIL.CAPS.MAINE DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 17:23:52 -0500
One of the ADSM V2 manuals has this glossary definition for "VM":

> Virtual Machine (VM).  One of the family of IBM
> operating systems for the System/370 or System/390
> processor, including VM/ESA, VM/XA, VM/SP, and
> VM/HPO. VM is one of the supported server
> environments.

I fear that someone has mistakenly dropped the (above) last sentence
when really they meant to just drop the ancient support for
System/370, XA, SP & HPO.  :-)

Please, IBM, ADSM V3 server needs to run on VM V2, not just for the
sake of ADSM, but for the sake of IBM hardware and operating systems
sales. I personally don't care about DRM, but ADSM is important part
of our remaining an IBM customer.

Thanks for your continuing consideration of this request.

Comments?

Wayne T. Smith               mailto:wts AT maine.maine DOT edu
Systems Group -- CAPS        University of Maine System