ADSM-L

Tape in FILLING status

1997-08-26 10:36:12
Subject: Tape in FILLING status
From: "Booher, Joelle M" <jmbooher AT AMP DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 10:36:12 -0400
Just a simple question...

Somehow my DLT tape got switched to write protected.  When ADSM tried to
write to the tape, it detected read/only, set the access to read/only in
the database, asked for a scratch tape and kept on going.

I manually set the access back to read/write, thinking that ADSM would
scratch tape which leads me to believe that this volume is going to sit
forever with a small amount of data on it.  Also, I assume it will never
reclaim since the status never went to full.  When I query the volume,
it's only 32% full, and the status is still FILLING.

I know that I can do a move data - that's OK in this case, but these are
15Gb tapes.  What if this had happened when it was 70% full?  The move
data would take forever!  Does anyone know of another alternative?  Am I
missing something?

Thanks,
Joelle Booher
Amp Incorporated