ADSM-L

Re: AIX ARCHIVE

1997-08-25 12:42:00
Subject: Re: AIX ARCHIVE
From: Hilton Tina <HiltonT AT IS1.INDY.TCE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 10:42:00 CST
Is is possible that there are no files under these directories?  To get
files under subdirectories, make sure you specify -su=y on the archive
command.
 ----------
From: Spencer, Mike
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Subject: AIX ARCHIVE
Date: Monday, August 25, 1997 10:23AM

I have a question about archives on AIX.  The files systems are as
follows: /data1, /data2, /data3, /data4, etc.....  All in all there over
16 file systems.  The system owner wants a weekly archive of the entire
system.  I set up the objects part fro archive based on the file systems
(ie.. objects="/data1/* /data2/* /data3/*" etc....)  When the archive
runs it fails because there are no files that match the search criteria.
Do I have to list the file names under the file systems to make the
archive work?  There are hundreds of files under each file system.  Any
possible solutions?  Thanks.

Mike Spencer
mike.spencer AT sea.siemens DOT com