ADSM-L

Re: How does one recovery a 3590 tape with a blown label

1997-08-25 08:21:11
Subject: Re: How does one recovery a 3590 tape with a blown label
From: "Bonetti, Dan J." <bonettdj AT WESTINGHOUSE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 08:21:11 -0400
I did use tapeutil to verify that the label was bad. Problem with this
is that I do not have a backup of tape. The client is not located at our
main site. The way we have things set up, based sorely upon the
constraints placed upon us, we make only one copy from what we consider
not local.

The theory here being we have a tape backup of the client at our main
site. If we lose the client at their site, we have a dr copy. If we lose
the main site, they are intact. It may not be the best way to handle
things, but, again, it is the constraints placed upon us.