ADSM-L

AT&T client scheduler stops

1997-08-22 00:28:00
Subject: AT&T client scheduler stops
From: Kai Hintze <Hintze.K AT AMSTR DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 12:28:00 MT
Just installed an ADSM client on an NCR box. OS is AT&T
SVR4 Release 2.03. When I bring up dsmc it says:
Command Line Backup Client Interface - Version 2,
Release 1, Level 0.6

The server has been running with other clients for a
couple of months now. It is an AIX 4.1.5 box with
  Server Version 2, Release 1, Level 5.12

When I try to invoke the scheduler with
nohup dsmc sched > /dev/null 2>&1 &
it dies immediately.

If I log the scheduler with
nohup dsmc sched > /tmp/dsmc.log 2>&1 &
it goes for a bit, then stops for TTY input. I don't see
anything in /tmp/dsmc.log that might indicate what input
it is looking for.

Does anyone have any ideas why the scheduler on the
client doesn't want to run?

Thanks,
Kai.