ADSM-L

Cached Data and Backup Stg Pool

1997-08-22 14:06:28
Subject: Cached Data and Backup Stg Pool
From: Peter Thomas <Peter_Thomas AT MANULIFE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 14:06:28 -0400
I just noticed that although I do have caching enabled on my "primary"
storage pool on disk (MLI_TOR_BACKUP), that if I do a migration to a "copy"
pool on Tape (MLI_TOR_BKP_ONSITE) followed by a backup Storage Pool of
MLI_TOR_BKP_ONSITE to MLI_TOR_BKP_OFFSITE, even though all the data is
still present 9in cache format) on the MLI_TOR_BACKUP, the system calls for
mounts of the tapes belonginging to MLI_TOR_BKP_ONSITE!

is this expected operationn, and if so, what is the purpose of the CACHED
data?

Peter T