ADSM-L

Re: Re[2]: Question regarding restore on AIX

1997-08-22 10:33:42
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Question regarding restore on AIX
From: Joe Morris <morris AT UNC DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 10:33:42 -0400
On Fri, 22 Aug 1997, Izabela Zahorowska wrote:

| Angel,
| I have tried to do what you have suggested but it hasn't worked.
|   I logged to node1
|   dsmc res -node=node2 "/var/spool/mail/username" -password=(ADSM passwd

I believe your options must come before the actual path.  In this case
ADSM would interpret your command to redirect the files to the past
"-password=.....".  Probably not what you wanted.  :)  In that case, it
never got the password either.

Joe Morris  -  morris AT unc DOT edu  -  http://sunsite.unc.edu/morris
Academic Technology and Networks (formerly OIT), Development