ADSM-L

Re: ADSM NT Webshell Client

1997-08-21 10:50:34
Subject: Re: ADSM NT Webshell Client
From: Daniel Thompson <thompsod AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 09:50:34 -0500
Pina,

  The ADSM WebShell client has several characteristics that members of this
forum have concerns about.  I thought I had saved a note that covered them
all, however I have been unable to find it.  The one problem that has
prevented me from rolling it out for use by our helpdesk is that the
Webshell has no way to restore inactive versions of files.  The ADSM
listserv has search functions you may be able to use to get the past
discussion threads sent to you.

You should be able to run the Webshell as a service by using the srvany
utility that comes with the NT resource kit.  This is how previous versions
of ADSM itself were run.

Please let us know how your experiences go if you decide to roll it out in
its current format.

Good luck,
  Dan T.