ADSM-L

Re: AIX SP -Reply

1997-08-20 16:50:43
Subject: Re: AIX SP -Reply
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 15:50:43 -0500
In my case, it's strictly a mksysb to the 8mm DAT drive on the Control
Work Station - or the 'standard' SP mksysb to an NFS-mounted directory
on the boot/install server for the node. Also, our ADSM server is a 77
MHz wide node with two internal 4.5 GB drives. It's dedicated to ADSM,
so it made sense (to me, anyway) to grab that second internal drive for
boot-install purposes. It gives me the space for the spot and the pssp
code as well as the individual node boot images (sigh - they're *all*
different).

Give me my two 8mm DAT tapes, my two 3590 carts (the dbbackup and the
co-located ADSM server backup) and I'm ready to take a stab at
rebuilding my SP environment on stone-cold hardware. Now if I could only
get us to seriously look at a hot site. . .

Tom Kauffman
Sr. Technical Analyst
NIBCO, Inc.