ADSM-L

Re: AIX SP

1997-08-20 12:24:00
Subject: Re: AIX SP
From: Hilton Tina <HiltonT AT IS1.INDY.TCE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 10:24:00 CST
Rafael,

We have ADSM on one node of our SP.  Currently, we only use ADSM for the SP
nodes but plan to add other RS6000s and HPs that we have.   We have all our
traffic going over the switch, since that's supposed to get the highest
performance.  We also have a client on the server node to back up the files
there too.  Make sure that the dsm.sys for that node is setup to use
loopback (local host) rather than the network.

We also use ADSM to back up the mksysb images.  When the mksysb gets run on
each node, the output is piped to a file system on the server node, then
that file is archived.  If we ever need to restore that node from the mksysb
image, we'll restore the proper mksysb to the control workstation and then
use nim to restore the node from that image.  Of course, all that was set up
as recommended by the IBM consultants we had in at the time.  Unfortunately,
we didn't get the chance to test it before the nodes became production.
 We're hoping to test it soon with a new node we just got in so we'll feel
more comfortable about it in case we have a real failure.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

Tina Hilton
Thomson Consumer Electronics
hiltont AT indy.tce DOT com