ADSM-L

Re: Question regarding restore on AIX

1997-08-20 10:43:31
Subject: Re: Question regarding restore on AIX
From: "Boles, Angel V." <bolesav AT WESTINGHOUSE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 10:43:31 -0400
Naveed,

We have done this often.  However, we do not use the set access and the
fromnode parameters.  We use the -nodename=  parameter .  You need to
know the ADSM password of the client.

EX:     logged on to node1
        dsmc res -nodename=node2 "file" -password=xxxx

The -nodename does not work in the loop mode of the command line.
Sometimes positioning of the -nodename parameter seems to matter.

Angel Boles

Westinghouse Electric
(412) 642-5944
Win 272-5944