ADSM-L

Re: os/2 locked files

1997-08-19 14:25:17
Subject: Re: os/2 locked files
From: Dave Barber <dbarber AT FORD DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 14:25:17 -0400
From: Steve White <swhite AT OCSLINK DOT COM>

I do a restore c:\* -subdir=yes and it restores but on some
suddirs(\os2boot,\os2krnl to name a few) i get a ans4104e message, which
states that i do not have authorization to write to this directory and
will let me abort the restore, skip the file or retry.  what can i do.

p.s. i didn't do a format disk first, but i shouldn't have to.
thanks,
steve

  Is this an OS/2 Lanserver?

  Are the permissions still in place then when you boot and try the
  restore? Because it would seem that unless you remove those files
  and/or the ACLs which protect them they are acting as they should, and
  ADSM will not be allowed to overwrite them (which reminds me - did
  you use the -REPLACE=ALL option - I don't know if that would help
  or not, but it seems worth a try).

  Also, could you email me privately what files you included on disks
  0 and 1 (or one and 2, depending on your numbering scheme). I have had
  some problems with some OS/2 boxes disliking certain files on the
  boot disks, and would be interested to see what files those disks
  contain.

  Regards,
  David Barber