ADSM-L

Re: scheduler

1997-08-19 11:31:21
Subject: Re: scheduler
From: Dennis Schaffer <Dennis.Schaffer AT MUTUALOFOMAHA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 10:31:21 -0500
Steve,

We backup our large OS/2 file servers using separate ADSM nodes for each
drive (C:& D: are backed up together, E: is backed up separately, so is F:,
etc.).  We build separate OPT files for each node and place them in a
subdirectory of the ADSM directory; each node's log files get stored there,
too.

We place the following commands in STARTUP.CMD:

'START "C&D DRIVE BACKUP" /MIN C:\ADSM\MULTISCH CDDRIVE'
'START "E DRIVE BACKUP" /MIN C:\ADSM\MULTISCH EDRIVE'
'START "F DRIVE BACKUP" /MIN C:\ADSM\MULTISCH FDRIVE'

MULTISCH.CMD looks like this:

/**REXX**/
ARG SUBDIR
'SET DSM_CONFIG=C:\ADSM\'SUBDIR'\DSM.OPT'
'SET DSM_LOG=C:\ADSM\'SUBDIR
SAY 'SUBDIR=' SUBDIR
'DSMC SCH  -PASSWORD=xxxx'

The DSM.OPT file is identical for each node except for the following
statements:

  NETBIOSNAME    ACFSxxxxxxCD or E or F
  NODENAME               xxxxxxxx_CD or _E or _F
  DOMAIN C:,D:   or E:  or F:
  SCHEDLOGNAME           C:\ADSM\CDDRIVE\DSMSCH.LOG or \EDRIVE\DSMSCH.LOG,
etc.

Dennis Schaffer
Mutual of Omaha