ADSM-L

Re: Win NT client: scheduler.

1997-08-18 11:17:35
Subject: Re: Win NT client: scheduler.
From: Doug Thorneycroft <dthorneycroft AT LACSD DOT ORG>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 09:17:35 -0600
The method we use to initialize Client Polling scheduling on Window NT
(Both ADSM server and Client are Windows NT)Comm. method is TCP/IP
1. Make sure that the central server scheduling mode is any or client
polling.
2.After installing the Client Software, Run the ADSM Scheduler Service
installation on the Client.
3.In the client control pannel, Open services and make sure that "ADSM
Central Scheduler Service is started and set to automatic.
4.Register the node with the server, and manually backup a few files
from the client using the Backup Archive GUI. This verifies that you can
connect.
5.Define the schedule on the server, and be sure to associate the Client
Node with the server.
6.At the client, go back into services and stop and restart the schedule
service. This forces the schedule to refresh.(a setting in the client
options file states how often the client contacts the server to update.
I think the default is every 6 hours. Stopping and starting the
scheduler forces the update.)
7. In the baclient subdirectory of the clients ADSM directory is a text
file called dsmsched.log
Open this file with a text editor. It should show an entry like the one
that follows.

08/14/1997 06:58:10 Querying server for next scheduled event.
08/14/1997 06:58:11 Next operation scheduled:
08/14/1997 06:58:11
08/14/1997 06:58:11 Schedule Name:         <Name of Schedule>
08/14/1997 06:58:11 Schedule Name:         <Name of Schedule>
08/14/1997 06:58:11 Action:                Incremental
08/14/1997 06:58:11 Objects:
08/14/1997 06:58:11 Server Window Start:   08:30:00  on 08/14/1997
08/14/1997 06:58:11
08/14/1997 06:58:11 Command will be executed in 1 hour and 34 minutes.
08/14/1997 06:58:11 Command will be executed in 1 hour and 34 minutes.
08/14/1997 08:32:12

The start-time should be the time set at the server.

As for your other problems, It could be caused by NT-Permissions. Try
logging onto both the ADSM server and the Client with full
administrative authority and see if you still get the failure.