ADSM-L

Re: WIN95/NT Client Install Problem

1997-08-13 13:34:02
Subject: Re: WIN95/NT Client Install Problem
From: dan thompson <thompsod AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 12:34:02 -0500
Allan,

  It sounds as if the win95 box is attempting to resolve the
TCPServerAddress in your options file with a remote DNS.  Look in your
DSM.OPT and make certain that the TCPServerAddress is what you really want
(keep in mind the 32-bit code creates subdirectories below ADSM called
BACLIENT and SACLIENT where the options files for the backup and
administrative clients are stored,  make certain your changing the right
DSM.OPT).

Once you have verified the TCPServerAddress, open a command prompt and
attempt to ping this address.  If it cannot find that alias or your dialer
fires up then it is attempting to resolve using your remote DNS.  You
should either change your TCP/IP config to add a local DNS for alias
resolution or search for you LMHOSTS file and add this server to it.

I hope this is helpful, although you may have already attempted these
things.

Good Luck,
  Dan T.

----------
> From: Allan Wade <wade AT IBM DOT NET>
> From: Allan Wade <wade AT IBM DOT NET>
> To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Subject: WIN95/NT Client Install Problem
> Date: Wednesday, August 13, 1997 11:07 AM
>
> Has anyone installed the latest 31bit Windows client (95/NT)?
>  I just downloaded it from  IBM. When I installed it (on Win95) the
EXclude list
> in DSM.OPT does not look like it is tailored for WIN95, more like NT.
Also when