ADSM-L

ON-Bar on Solaris

1997-08-13 11:42:11
Subject: ON-Bar on Solaris
From: David Hendrix <dmhendri AT FEDEX DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 09:42:11 -0600
Kai,

We have ON-Bar working on Solaris 2.5.1, backing up to an AIX ADSM
server (2.1.5.12).

A BIG gotcha is an open APAR (don't know the number) where the X/Open
library for the 2.1.0.7 client is corrupt.  We are running with the
2.1.0.5 client.  I have not tested the 2.1.0.6 client yet.

A tip would be the V2 redbook on backing up databases with ADSM and the
README.API in the /opt/IBMDSMap5 directory.  There are installation
instructions and library instructions there (making the right link for
Informix).

We had to play with getting the sym link for dsm.sys and dsm.opt correct
and setting the correct DSMI vars.  AIX client is simple compared to the
4 directory structure of a Solaris client with dsm.sys and dsm.opt
residing in /usr/sbin (I would really like to know why they did that -
it messes with my HA config standards using qualix, HACMP and
serviceguard).  Just make sure you know where the REAL config files you
want reside and make sym links to them in the api directory.

Besides the adsm client, make sure your on-bar config is correct (see
the redbook - absolutely needed).

David
dmhendri AT fedex DOT com